Evergreen Pest Control is dedicated to keeping you informed and your home pest-free. Learn more about common pests in Denver, CO, so you can identify insect intruders or prevent infestations before they start. Use the guide below to determine which type of pests you have spotted or for tips to help you keep them away. Always contact a professional pest control specialist to remove pests and treat your home for pest prevention.
What Are The Most Common Pests in Denver, Colorado?
Many common pests in Denver can quickly become a nuisance in your home or business. If left untreated, many of these pests can also cause significant damage.
How Do Pests in Denver Get Indoors?
Pests can be clever and sneaky when it comes to finding ways into your home, especially when it starts to get cold outside. Fortunately, there are several ways to outsmart them and eliminate these common entry points:
- Doors: Make sure there are no gaps around the edges of your doors, including the garage. Adjust any loose seals or door sweeps until no light shines through.
- Windows: Repair broken window seals or screens with holes in them.
- Exterior Walls: Check siding and exterior walls for any cracks, gaps, or holes and seal them immediately. This includes anywhere there is a vent, exhaust fan, cable, or plumbing that enters or exits your home, as well as your chimney.
- Landscaping: Keep plants, mulch, woodpiles, and tree branches away from the foundation and walls of your home.
- Eaves and Roof Vents: Wasps and other stinging insects love to build homes in these areas. Check these areas to make sure all edges are fastened securely.
- Items/People Entering: Bugs are also great hitchhikers. Check clothing and items you are carrying before you enter your home or business.
Once a pest has gained entry into your home, it will look for a place to stay. It may even invite its friends and family to join in. Never leave food out, make sure to store food in airtight containers, and clean up spills right away. Also, keep an eye out for any signs of pest activity, such as droppings, wood shavings, chewed packaging, or even the pests themselves.
Get Rid of Common Denver Pests with Evergreen Pest Control
To avoid injury or damage to your property, as well as increase pest control effectiveness, it’s always wise to contact a professional pest control company when you suspect a pest has invaded your home. Evergreen Pest Control & Services will safely and efficiently remove pests from your home using the best commercial products on the market. We also provide preventative services so you can rest easy knowing your home is protected year-round.
Contact Evergreen Pest Control for more information about common pests in Denver, CO, or to set up an inspection today!