Ants are social creatures, so when one enters your home, many more are sure to follow. Some types of ants can be destructive in your home, and all ants are annoying and unsightly. If you’ve spotted a trail of ants wandering around at work or in your home, you may be wondering, “Does anyone know how to get rid of ants in my office?”
Green Pest Pros can help. Our pest control experts know how to safely get rid of ants in the kitchen, home, and office—and how to keep them from coming back.
Types of Ants
There are several types of ants that may infest your home or office. Some are dangerous and some are just pesky. They include:
These big black ants live in moist, decaying wood, leaving piles of sawdust behind. They can cause significant property damage.
Little Black Ants
These ants are small and are found throughout the US. They have two or more queens per colony and build nests in cracks around houses, lured inside by the smell of grease, oil, sugar, fruits, and vegetables.
Typically found in California and the Southeast, these ants form super colonies with hundreds of queens, foraging for sugar night and day.
These small red ants usually prefer to stay outside in hot, sunny areas but occasionally come indoors in search of food and water. They are aggressive and will sting people and pets.
Ant Prevention and Treatment
The best way to fight an ant infestation is to prevent one from happening in the first place. If you’re worried about ants entering your home or office, try these prevention methods:
- Watch for scouts: If individual ants that are looking for a food source find it, more ants are sure to follow.
- Clean up: Every day, wipe counters, sweep, vacuum, and do your dishes.
- Put food away: Don’t leave food sitting out on your counters. Put leftovers away and store all food in air-tight containers.
- Seal entrances to your home: A pest control expert can help you identify and seal off any potential points of entry for ants and other pests.
- Get rid of colonies near your home: If you find ant mounds close to your house, it’s a matter of time before the ants creep inside. Contact an Evergreen pest control expert to help you control outdoor ant colonies.
Once the ants have made their way into your home or office and discovered that it is a great source of shelter and sustenance, it’ll be hard for you to get rid of them on your own. If you’re wondering, “How do I get rid of ants in my office or home?” try these methods:
- Remove ant trails: Identify the path the ants take into your home or office and spray vinegar on it to disrupt the scent trail.
- Spray an ant barrier around your home: This keeps scouts and their followers away. Evergreen can help you find a safe way to secure your home from ants.
- Set out ant bait: Ants will take this pesticide back home and destroy their entire colony. This method can take time, and Evergreen pest control experts can help you make sure it’s done right.
Contact Your Local Green Pest Pro Today to Start Protecting Your Home or Office
No one wants to find a trail of ants running along a counter or desktop. The Green Pest Pro network of Evergreen, Greenway, and Greenline Pest Control knows how to safely get rid of ants in the kitchen and office. We can identify the best methods for removing ants, destroying colonies, and protecting your home or workplace against future infestations.
Once you start to see ants, time is of the essence to stop more from coming in and damaging your home! Contact your local Green Pest Pro today to stop those pesky ants today. Not sure if we service your area? We offer many locations across the United States, check out our service areas today!